Monday, August 06, 2007

SP 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Opal sock yarns are my current favorite-- the colors are so rich and it is loads of fun to watch the patterns emerge! Otherwise, I love natural fibers. Silks, bamboo, cotton, nice wools. I can't stand acrylics.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My SP 10 pal sent me the most amazing needle box-- personalized and just perfect! I also have a Namaste needle binder that my husband and kids gave me for mothers' day. Between the two, I am fairly organized for a change!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for approx. one year. A very dear woman who has been knitting for 60+ years spent an afternoon teaching me to knit and purl. From there, I have taught myself a lot from books and the internet, and from classes at my LYS. I would consider myself an early intermediate or late beginner.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes. Here it is.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Sometimes. I like dark chocolate and fruity things.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Some digital scrapbooking, but that's about it.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like rock and pop, and can play anything.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorites are navy, orange and bright greens. I also like chocolate brown. Don't really like purple, but it's okay in small doses.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a wonderful husband of 15 years, a son and a daughter. Also a cat and a crazy Shih Tzu dog.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I sometimes wear scarves as an accessory in the winter, but we don't have much real need for these items in Houston!


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I'm a newbie to socks, and I really enjoy knitting them!


13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, a blanket, and a Chinese-style jacket for my daughter.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Definitely!


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Straight and circs both have their moments. I have some Lantern Moon rosewood straights that I love. But mostly I seem to use Addi circs. And for socks, it's 2 circs or nothing. I can't stand dpns.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I don't have either, but as I am getting more experience, I find myself needing both!


17. How old is your oldest UFO?

6 months


18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas!! I love gifting, and there is nothing better than watching the kids on Christmas morning. Getting presents myself isn't bad either!


19. Is there anything that you collect?

Teapots and Baccarat crystal animal figurines.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

There is a Knitting Pure and Simple "Classic Drop Shoulder Pullover" that I would really like to try for the winter. It would be my first sweater, but seems like it might be do-able. I like the K P & S patterns a lot, as they are pretty straightforward and don't involve a lot of seaming. (I can't sew to save my life!)

The only magazine I have a subscription to is Interweave Knits.


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I would love to learn cables and color working of some sort.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Oh yes! My foot is 9.5" long at 4.5 across. I confess I don't know how to properly state the measurements yet.


23. When is your birthday?

July 22.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes-- cinben

No comments: