Thursday, August 23, 2007

F.O.'s and one WIP

Dishcloths may not seem like a big deal to you, but I finished one and feel like I really conquered a phobia. A year ago, when I first started knitting, I quickly grew tired of knitting and purling swatches just for practice. I tried several dishcloths, just to "make" something. The result was something that could easily be utilized for a rorschach test. They were square-ish, with indeterminable "pictures". I didn't really have trouble counting the k and p stitches, but I would end up with extra stitches or not enough stitches by the end of most rows. I would YO or drop a stitch inadverently, or my yarn would separate and I wouldn't realize that the splits were all one stitch, and I would knit each one.

I am doing the K1,T2 swap, and we are supposed to send our pals a handmade object. Being that the theme of the swap is tea, I thought I would try to make a tea-themed dishcloth. I've come a long way in the year I've been knitting. I think the finished product is pretty good this time!!! Can you tell what it is? Here's a photo:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Please share the pattern.