Thursday, August 09, 2007

The cursed sock

I really hope that every pair of socks won't be as cursed as my first pair. I posted about how I frogged the second sock for the 4th or 5th time on Sunday. Well, the night before last, I was happily knitting away on the re-started version, when once again, I lost several stitches. Maybe the two glasses of wine that I drank had something to do with it. At any rate, I had to rip the whole thing out again. I was really determined to finish the second sock before I start my next pair. But at this point, I think that sock needs a time out before I can try it again.

I wanted to make some real progress on the new pair (I have, in fact, moved on!) last night, but another couple invited us to meet them at a wonderful restaurant called Gravitas. What ensued was nothing short of glutony!! We sampled at least half of the menu, and had a lot of wine. It was fantastic. Suffice it to say, no knitting got done.

The second pair of socks is being done with the JoJoLand cashmere blend. It's gorgeous stuff. The sock is turning out to be a narrow band of stripes, and it's quite pretty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know all about cursed knitting! Move on and come back to it later. Can't wait to hear about Gravitas.