Monday, August 20, 2007

Swaps

I love swaps. You may think it is silly, but I get downright giddy about getting my matches. I love to learn about the person I am the pal to, and put together treats for that person. It's really like Christmas to me! I have had some email correspondence with both my upstream and downstream pals for SP11. Based on what my upstream pal has indicated to me, I think I won the upstream pal lottery!!! She told me a package is already in the mail to me, and she had to put quite a bit of effort and leverage into getting a couple of the items. I sent a little something to my pal already, too.

The Knit1 Tea2 matches should be coming out any day now. I'm dying to know what "color" my pal likes so that I can begin compiling things for her!

I started a new pair of socks over the weekend, and I'm about to turn the heel. I'm using another Opal Hundertwasser yarn, and it is GORGEOUS. I love their yarns so much. Between the amazing colors and the patterns, I really enjoy working with the yarn, and it is so much fun to watch the pattern emerge each time!

I also finished my July block for the block-of-the-month afghan, and I picked up the August block pattern and yarn. It was a productively knitty weekend!

In other news, I am very happy that we aren't going to get hammered by Hurricane Dean here in Houston. I'm sorry for the folks in Mexico that are in its path. But I have to tell you, there is a part of me that was really hoping for a couple of days off with nothing to do but knit! I'm sick, I know. By the way, do you think knitting counts as exercise? Hee hee hee!

No comments: