Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Knit One, Tea Too Swap Questionnaire

Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?

I like both, but if a tea comes in both forms, I usually get the bag.

What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?

I love the Numi flowering teas and just about anything from Republic of Tea, especially their fruit flavored teas (I really enjoy fruit-flavored tea in general, as long as it isn't an artificial flavoring). I also drink a lot of jasmine tea.

Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white)
(keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).

I really like black and green teas. Haven't tried red or white, but would love to try both!

Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?

Both, depending on the time I have and on my mood. I collect teapots, and really like to use them if I have time to boil water, let it steep, and enjoy my tea!

What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?

I don't really have any tea accessories, so the landscape is wide open!

How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).

There is nothing like a good bubble bath. They are one of my favorite ways to pamper myself!

If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?

Something soft and natural-- bamboo, cashmere, even a nice cotton. Because I like to look natural and wouldn't want to be fuzzy!!

If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?

Baby booties. I love to knit baby items. Plus I wouldn't want to knit with fur. Synthetic yarns make me crazy. And I don't know how to do fair isle yet, and I fear it would be a little beyond my abilities at this point.

What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)

A big event for one of my kiddos, but that is just about it! Maybe a cooking class, if it were interesting enough.

What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)

Scones and cucumber sandwiches. And flowers on the table.

When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?

I hardly ever use what is called for. I almost always pick something I want to use.

What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?

A Lantern Moon palm leaf tote.

Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?

Any romantic comedy. The Devil Wears Prada is a recent fave.

Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?

I love porcelain tea cups, and think it's actually better if they don't match!

Favorite childhood birthday party?

One where my parents took my friends and I to see Herbie the Love Bug, then I got to have my friends sleep over and we had a pizza party. I realize that I am dating myself here!

Favorite type of scone and jam?

Raspberry or plain scones, or cranberry if they don't also contain orange (a lot of times people use orange if they use cranberry). I really enjoy raspberry jam.

If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?

Lavender.

You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?

If have my druthers, I would go somewhat casual, in a nice comfy sundress or slacks with a sweater.

Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?

No allergies, but I have a near-phobia of synthetic fibers!!!

Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?

I am obsessed with all things Chinese!

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Welcome to the swap!

Cynthia Allison said...

Hello, Cindy. I'm a cindy too but I've registered for the swap as Cynthia.

Cindy said...

Hi girls, and thanks-- I'm really looking forward to participating!

Cindy

Plum Texan said...

This sounds like an awesome swap! If I didn't have so much going on...maybe I can jump in next time, or something... :)

Nice to meet you and enjoy the goodies from everywhere!

Susan