Friday, August 31, 2007

Is it the weekend yet?!

I know- it's only lunchtime on Friday. But I have Friday-itis in the worst way. It doesn't help that I'm the only attorney in the office today, and I have no pressing deadlines for a change. I am so ready for the long weekend to start, and I just can't get motivated. So what have I done this morning at work? Not work- that's for sure! Instead, I've been VERY busy doing the scavenger hunt contest for the Knit 1, Tea 2 swap! I sent my answers in to Devon a moment ago. Thanks Devon-- that was a lot of fun! It was nice to hunt through various participants' blogs and "meet" some of them.

I have been obsessing for the past couple of days with starting a Chevron scarf. Yes, I realize that I am the last knitter on Earth to get on board. But it's been 100 degrees here in Houston, so give a girl a break! It's still hot, but I have decided to cast on the scarf in the hopes that it will be cool someday! I have spent a lot of time on Ravelry, looking at various people's Chevrons to get ideas of yarn. Purl and her hubby are coming for dinner tomorrow, and us girls are going to sneak out to the two LYS by me. I am going to be shopping for the Chevron yarn. If nothing strikes my fancy at the real-life store, I have picked out something from my favorite online retailer (Woolgirl). We'll see what I end up doing. I'm going to do my best not to come out of either yarn store with sock yarn that is for anything else but the scarf!

1 comment:

Twisted Knitter said...

Hey Cindy! :-) I can't wait to see what I know will be a marvelous Chevron scarf!

And you totally ARE NOT the last knitter to knit one -- I am. ;-)

Here's the Flickr group I was talking about and I couldn't remember if you'd checked it out or not:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/chevronscarf/