Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekend revisited

I had the most fun girls night on Friday night. Purl and I went to a wonderful wine bar and had some nice wine, great food, and great talk! Poor Purl may be walking around with only one ear now, as I think I talked the other one right off! When she did get a word in edge-wise, Purl told me about the SeaSocks cruise, which goes from Seattle to ALASKA and B.C. in May. I would love to go. It sounds like an amazing trip, and I have always wanted to see Alaska. I am going to stew about it for a while and see if I can't come up with a way to make it work!!

On Sunday morning, I eagerly picked up my second sock and got ready to finish it. I was decreasing for the toe, and was down to 14 stitches on each needle when I dropped 4 or 5 stitches. Before I could fix things, 2 of them laddered really far and got through the heel. I pretty much called it a lost cause and frogged the sock. That was agonizing. I cast on again, and am ready to turn the heel. This is attempt number 4 on the cursed sock. I hope this one ends peacefully and successfully!

I am really ready to start my second pair. I have enough sock yarn to make socks for a medium-sized village. I thought I had settled on a skein to use for pair #2. It's a beautiful cashmere blend from JoJoLand. The colors are gorgeous, and it feels fantastic. But then Purl gave me an exquisite skein of hand dyed sock yarn on Friday night, for my birthday. I need to take a picture of it, but it is orange (my fave!) with pink going through it. It is appropriately called "grapefruit". So now I am torn. Maybe it is a good thing that I had to frog the sock-- it gives me another day or two to make up my mind about what to start with next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I thought I talked your ear off! We have to get together more often.

And I am also scheming about a way to make the cruise work. I'm so happy that you liked your yarn.