I have been knitting for about 15 months. I consider myself on the intermediate side of things.
2. How long have you been knitting socks?
I started this summer, in June. So about 6 months.
3. What are your favorite fibers to work with?
Natural fibers. I love squishy, sport weight sock yarns, nice merino wools, cotton, silk, bamboo....
4. What is your favorite color?
It's a toss up between orange and navy. I really love color in general. The only color I really don't care for is purple.
5. What are your current WIPs (works in progress)?
2 chevron scarves, socks, a sweater and a blanket for my son
6. Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.).
I love Zen String, Miss Babs and Sereknitty sport weight sock yarns. They all have such amazing colors and are so soft and sproingy! And what in the world is softer than Malabrigo worsted? I also love the Araucania yarns and Queensland yarns-- epecially the Queensland Kathmandhu. Again, it's the colors! I am a freak for all things Woolgirl. She has the most amazing yarns.
7. What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from.
Anything acrylic. It gives me the heebie jeebies.
8. What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?)
Yes to all. Married for 15 years in early November. Two kids (9 and 4) and 3 pets (1 old cat, 1 shih tzu dog and a nutso kitten)
9. Name some of your hobbies.
The obvious one- knitting, reading, bubble baths, sailing, drinking wine with friends, watching movies, cooking
10. Name some of your favorite movies?
Monty Python's Holy Grail, The Great White Hype, Ocean's 11, A Room with A View, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
11. Do you like to read?
12. Do you collect anything?
Teapots, Homer Laughlin Wells Art glaze dishes in green, Baccarat crystal figurines, YARN!
13. Do you own an iPod or mp3 player?
14. What are your favorite type of knitting needles?
My favorites are Lantern Moon wooden needles, but I tend to use Addi circs the most, which doesn't make any sense to me as I put it in writing!
15. What knitting notion could you not live without?
The freebie tape measure that my LYS gives to first time customers!
16. Who are some of your favorite designers?
Diane Soucy and her Knitting Pure and Simple patterns
17. Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.)
I am a magazine junky. The only knitting mag I get is IK. Otherwise, lots of cooking and fashion mags-- Bon Appetite, Cooks Illustrated, Cooking Light, In Style, Allure, Lucky and then the one incredibly guilty pleasure (I am embarrased to admit it)-- Us Weekly!
18. When is your birthday?
19. Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)?
20. Do you have a Ravelry ID?
21. If you had a sheep, what would you name it?