Tuesday, July 31, 2007

misc.

I finished my first sock. But we had company (my mother-in-law) in town, sleeping in the room with the computer, so I haven't had a chance to upload a photo yet. I'm half-way through the second one, and have my final sock class on Thursday night. We'll turn the heel one more time, and hopefully it will stick! In retrospect, I understand what we did on the first one, but I'm not entirely sure I could do it again on my own. I'm glad to have the chance to do it with guidance one more time. I will post pictures, I promise. I absolutely LOVE the yarn that I have used. It's an Opal cotton yarn, and not only do I love the colorway, but I think the patterning is really nice as well. You have to see it. Pics soon!

I haven't blogged much in the past week or two, but I've been up to all kinds of knitting mischief. I bought several books from the KnitPicks summer book sale: Mason Dixon Knitting; Last Minute Knitted Gifts ; More Sensational Knitted Socks; and When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters. I'm really excited to receive all of them. the sock book looks great because it has instructions/patterns for 2 circs and dpn's. I have had a hard time finding a collection of sock patterns written for 2 circs. And call me stupid, but I don't know how to translate dpn patterns to 2 circs.

Otherwise, I've been planning my next project. My dear friend Purl is going to help me do a Christmas stocking for my kiddos. My Nana knit stockings for my brother and I when we were very young, and I still use mine. It means the world to me. I would love to make them for my kids to have for their lifetimes. I was actually going to take a class at my LYS. But the owner, who I have come to know, called to tell me that she really doesn't think I need the class since I'm taking the sock class. I was really impressed with that phone call. It just goes to show you what an amazing place the Hen House is-- Stephanie really takes care of her customers. I appreciate that she doesn't just want to take my money! And I really appreciate my friend Purl for offering to help me through color changes and a stocking pattern.

SP 11 gets underway soon. I'm looking forward to participating again. I hope my spoilee doesn't end up quitting this time though!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to help you knit the stockings! It will be so much fun for me, too. I'm trying to find my pattern; I only found a pattern for mini stockings last night. Looking forward to lots of knitting with you!

Jenn said...

Did you pal quit? You need to email me if she did