Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Knitting... what else?

I have knitting on the brain today. I do 15 minutes of work, then turn back to knitting issues. So far today, I've signed up for 2 more classes (one on how to fix mistakes, the other a Christmas stocking class), tried to buy the final skein of yarn that I wasn't supposed to need but DO need to finish my daughter's sundress, talked about going to the Stitch and Pitch event at a Houston Astros game in August and bought three books from the Interweave Press "Hurt Book" sale ,... Thanks to my great friend Purl for turning me on to the book sale and for sharing my obsession with all things "knit"!!!

I'm almost done with the sundress. I only have about an inch to go, but I am out of yarn. How does that happen? The pattern called for just over 2 skeins of the yarn that I am using. I bought three, just to have some breathing room. I STILL RAN OUT! Does this ever happen to you? I truly can't figure out why and/or how I ran out. Oy vey. Unfortunately, the only mortar and bricks yarn store that I know of that carries the Queensland Soft Wave yarn that I am using is on the other side of town and closes too early for me to get there during the week. So I have to wait for the weekend to get the last bit of yarn I need and finish up the dress. Woe is me.

The Yarn Harlot is coming to Houston in September, and one of my local yarn stores is hosting her visit. That should be fun, and I will definitely look forward to it!! Okay, my 15 minutes of talking about knitting are up! Better go do more work... [sigh]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so good to know that I'm not the only one!

And I've had that problem with yarn, too. One time it took me lots of web searching to find enough yarn to finish a vest I knitted for Chris.