Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stop me before I shop again!

I finally got a chance to break free from the office early and make the trek to my side of town in time to hit the LYS that carries the yarn I need for my daugher's dress. My son's day camp ended at 3pm today, and I had to pick him up. I've had one of those horrible, moody, grumpy days where nothing goes right, so I decided that I would just do some work from home after picking him up, rather than hauling him to my office. I have about one inch to go on the dress, and just needed one skein, and they had ONE skein left. That was truly the first break that I have gotten today. Here it is:


But could I stop there, with just one skein? Oh no. Of course not. I also bought two skeins of Art Yarns Super Merino, in bright greens and aquas, and two skeins of Clown sock yarn, in orange and red. Then I got to the register, and there was a Yarn Harlot book that I don't have... so I picked that up, too. In skimming through it, I noticed there is a list of "5 ways to leave the yarn shop without buying anything"... I OBVIOUSLY need to do some serious studying of that list!

No comments: