Saturday, July 07, 2007

SP 10 package to end all packages!

I am speechless. Those who know me can tell you what a rarity that is! I recieved my final SP 10 package today. My pal Helen http://helenknits.blogspot.com/ really, really, really spoiled me. In the package she included not only beautiful, thoughtful, handmade things for me, but also treats for my two children. My daughter got to open her present, and is sitting here next to me reading the wonderful book Helen sent her as I type.

My son is at a sleep-over at a friend's house, and thus isn't here to unwrap his. But boy will he be surprised to have been included.
Helen has a company that makes toys. She made me a wooden needle box. It is beautiful, and even has my name on it. How special is that?! Isn't it wonderful? Look at the needles on the top!















Helen also sent me some of hand-dyed yarn. It came from the Knittery, http://theknittery.com.au/

Also in the package were some lovely stitch markers, yummy chocolates, and my absolute favorite scent on earth-- LAVENDER! I recieved some lavender soap and lotion from Australian lavender fields. It smells heavenly.


I am positively giddy with excitement over this package. I simply cannot believe that someone (Helen), that I didn't previously know, and who lives literally on the other side of the world (in Australia) made these things for me. How lucky am I!?
I couldn't get my crummy camera and/or my lame picture-taking skills to get a photo of the yarn that does it justice. I will try again soon when I don't have a big dinner to cook and company on the way. I will certainly be making my second pair of socks out of this equisite yarn.
A million thank yous to Helen. I've had a lot of fun with this exchange!!!






3 comments:

Helen Knits said...

I am really happy that you like everything. It's been a real pleasure and lots of fun.
Enjoy!

Helen

Unknown said...

What a great package! Really gorgeous stuff. I love lavender, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a great package - that needle box is really nice!