Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's Friday (on a Thursday!)

I can't remember when I was this happy to have a long weekend. It's been a loooong week. Hopefully this weekend will be relaxing. I'm hoping to make some progress on various knitting projects in the next few days. I cast on for the China Doll jacket that I am making my daughter. I started on the back, and got about 8 rows in--- not a world of progress, but a start, nonetheless! I must admit, I'm a little intimidated by the pattern. And I'm not sure I fully understand a couple of the instructions. I plan to go to my LYS and see if they can set me straight.

I've been having a LOT of fun with the SP10 exchange. I've had communication with both my SP and the person who is SP to me. They both seem like very nice people. I've really, really enjoyed putting together packages and surprises for my SP. But I have to say, doing so is dangerous. I tend to fall into the "one for her, one for me" trap! In trying to find things to include, I end up finding things for myself, too! Oh well. I was snooping around, looking for some yarns to send to her, and came across the Etsy store "Sereknity". Wow, are there some gorgeous yarns and colorways there. Unfortunately, the one I like the best, and positively drool over, is all gone. :-( Take a look at this:

















I just LOVE these colors. It's so bright and cheery. That green is one of my favorite colors, and with the orange and pink in there, well, it just makes me happy. Alas, it is gone. So sad. The good news is that I DID find some nice things for my SP!

Happy Easter!

No comments: