Thursday, April 12, 2007

My newest project



I had so much fun doing the felted cosmetic bag for my mom, I've been positively itching to do more felting. I have really wanted to do a purse for myself for the summer. So far, I haven't knitted too much for me-- it's all been gifts. Today I went to my LYS and bought the most vibrant, beautiful yarns to do a purse. It's all Cascade yarn... a green and an orange from the Jewel line, and then a varigated yarn from their Nikki line. I plan to do the bag in mostly the green, with orange and the multi-color stripes in the upper 1/2 of it. I haven't decided yet whether to make the long, knitted straps that the pattern calls for or get some nice, large Lantern Moon or other wooden handles to do a hand-bag. I will probably wait and see what the finished product looks like after felting, to determine what would be better suited for it. I'm really excited. Here are the yarns (the first two on the upper row are the Nikki, then the Jewel in Orange, and the Jewel in Green):



And here is the beginning of the bag:





No comments: