Monday, April 09, 2007

The weekend's over

I had a lot of fun knitting this weekend, as planned. I didn't accomplish quite as much as I hoped, but I did enjoy it nonetheless. I finished the block of the month for March (for the afghan kal I'm doing through my LYS), just in time to get the next block next weekend. Here is a link to the finished product sample-- I'm doing the "brights"-- the one in the right-side photo http://www.thehenhousetx.com/541206.html

The yarn that we're using is Rio de la Plata. We are using the wool, hand dyed yarn. It's beautiful, very saturated color. It is very soft, but it is quite fuzzy, for lack of a better way to put it. I'm glad that I only have to do a block of it a month, because I start to dislike working with it toward the end of each block. I think I prefer smoother yarns. Am I a yarn snob because I like cashmeres and silks? I hope not. :-) Besides, the Rio de la Plata isn't exactly cheap or shabby! And I do love hand dyed yarns.

As for the blocks, we started off with the blue block in the upper right hand corner of the photo. Then the pink, and I just finished the green. I guess the block we start on this weekend will be the bright pink. So far, the patterns have been very easy to follow. It will be fun to finish the hot pink block and have a completed panel!

Okay, enough babbling for one morning. I better get to work. That's what they're paying me for, after all. But I would much rather be knitting!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That will be so pretty when it is done. I got some knitting done yesterday, but that was about it.