Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pictures at last

I did a quick little project over the weekend-- a cosmetics bag. It really knit up fast. The pattern is from Melanie Falick's Weekend Knitting book. I used Knit Picks Merino, using up some of the leftovers in my stash. It was my first attempt at felting, and I was a little nervous to put it in the washer! But it survived! I had a lot of fun doing this. I want to give it to my Mom-- her birthday is tomorrow. But I have to figure out a way to close it up... I'm not good with sewing, so I fear that a zipper installation will be a disaster. Guess I better come up with something quick!



Here are some pictures of the result:















Finished Bag






























Bag with bottom seam sewn























Felted







I don't have the pictures with me from the piece after blocking. But I'll post one soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool - I love the colors!