Monday, March 19, 2007

Blankets blankets blankets!

I think I need help. Is there a support group for people who can't stop knitting blankets? I am now working on SIX of them. It is a real sickness. I'm not sure where this is coming from. I think in part it is that I really like having a nice soft blankie... and maybe part of it is that I feel competent knitting one. I can knit and purl, do different stitches, etc., and not have to worry about shaping, or sleeves, necklines, etc. But I really think I need to move past this little phase I am in and force myself to try some new, challenging piece. The blankets I am doing all serve a purpose-- one is for my godson (it's about 3/4 of the way done now), one is for my 8 yr old son, one for my 3 yr old daughter, one for my husband and I, one for another friend's child (I can't go into details on that one, lest she read this!) and the last one is the square-of-the-month kal I am doing w/ my LYS. Anyway, I am going to finish the godson blanket and then move on to a non-blanket item. Is it too late to make that a new y ear's resolution? :-)

So, if anyone has suggestions for a pattern or something NON-BLANKET for a newbie knitter, I would love to hear them.

Here are a couple of pictures of my godson's blanket, in progress: (it's hard to tell what it really looks like, huh?)







Degree Programs Online
Degree Programs Online

No comments: