Saturday, November 03, 2007

Knitting and travel

For my few readers, sorry it's been so long since my last post. As most of you know, my family (hubby, kids and parents) are on vacation. We are having a great time in Maui, Hawaii. This is very special for me, as I vacationed here with my parents and brother many times when I was in junior high school through college. It has been a long time since I have been back, and I can't believe that I am getting to do it with my hubby and kids (none of them have been here before) and with my parents, who are a lot of fun to travel with.

I had lofty ambitions of knitting a ton of socks while sittting on the beach. And on the long airplane ride. I also planned to finish my chevron scarf. Let's just say that a little bit of progress has been made on the scarf, and not much on ANY socks! Oops. I did cast on with some gorgeous Zen Strings yarn that I got from Woolgirl just before our departure. I bought it for my mom in a colorway of her choosing. I got a few repeats into the pattern, and it just wasn't working for me, so I frogged it. I think I have found a pattern from More Sensational Socks that will work much better. We'll see!

Anywho, I just wanted to make a quick post and say aloha to my devoted reader(s)! See you soon.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Oh I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of your time there Grace (your FIA swapper)

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at Zen Strings yarn on Ravelry. Hawaii--how exciting. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii!

Lisa said...

I am green with envy. I still want to go there too. Maybe when I finish college.....

Can't wait to see the socks that you were contemplating and the new WIP!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Lehu really wants to go to Maui too... maybe when we reach our 15th anniversary ...

Have a wonderful time!