Monday, October 22, 2007

oh to be home....

We have our first cold front coming through Houston today. When I woke up this morning, it was 73 degrees out. That is cool compared to the 80's it has been. But the sky is super dark and a real front is moving through. It is now 56 dgrees out. And tonight's low is supposed to be in the 40's.

Now how can any self-respecting knitter sit at work on a day like this and not pine for being home under a blanket knitting!? It's simply not fair. If it weren't bad enough, I am about 1/3 of the way done with sleeve number 2 of my sweater! I know that a good block of time would get me finished with it. After that, all that's left is doing the front placket and then sewing on buttons. I really think I could get it done in a day. You know, a day like today. Where the weather is cool, I could snuggle up with the baby kitty and knit. If I were home. Oh, the humanity.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree completely! Who do we petition for this?

I have socks to finish and a Channel jacket that is just begging to go from a few small rows to becoming a full fledged FO.

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to be at home working on my chevron scarf and reading my book. Why oh why aren't we all cozy at home?

Anonymous said...

Don't you love fall? Hope you and your family are enjoying the "cool" weather!