Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bad knitter

I have been unfaithful. I'm a bad knitter. I am home sick today, and I got bored with my beloved first sweater. All that stockinette stitch for days on end has gotten to me. I needed a pick me up. So I cheated on my sweater, and I cheated on Purl. I cast on my Chevron scarf. Purl and I bought our yarn together and were planning to start them together. Like I said, I'm a bad knitter. Purl has kindly agreed to forgive me. Besides, it seems like it might take an eternity to get to 78" on the darned thing. So there should be plenty of time to knit on it with Purl.


The good news is that I LOVE THE COLORS together!!!!! I chose Claudia Handpainted in Walk in the Woods and Claudia Natures Palette in Dark Teal. They are complimentary, rather than contrasting, and I am really happy with it. I can imagine doing a second one, and if/when I do, I'll try a contrasting one.


Here are the meager beginnings:


6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! And I have cheated in my heart--I've thought about starting it. Just need to deal with winding the yarn.

Lisa said...

I'm glad that Purl is going to forgive you. I love the yarn combo. I guess I need to break down and knit this too. I am starting to get jealous of all the WIP's and FO's that I have seen posted....Feel better soon!

Grace said...

I started that the other day too, I am using some peru luxury silk merino blend that is alot like Koigu that my hubby dyed for me, its coming out really well and will be a Christmas gift for someone!!! Its a great pattern

Anonymous said...

What a neat combination! It's beautiful.

Twisted Knitter said...

You know, I was skeptical but loved the colors you chose -- the complementary is going to be perfect! I can't wait to see MORE!

When you're sick, you just need to indulge yourself. :-)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap - I love those colors together!!