Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Harlot

What a great night. Purl (forevermore known as the "Wine Harlot") and I set out together after work to go see the Yarn Harlot, who was not only in Houston, but appearing via my LYS. We had planned the evening weeks ago, and were both really looking forward to it. Just before we headed out, I got into a spat with my parents, followed by a spat with my husband over the same subject matter-- our a/c. Yes, it was entirely trivial and stupid, but frustrating. At the same time, it turned out that Purl had an equally frustrating experience. By the time we got in the car together, we both needed to blow off steam. Suffice it to say that when Purl suggested that a glass of wine might be in order before we headed into the Harlot venue, I leapt at the idea. I'm never one to turn down a glass of wine anyway. There is a little Italian restaurant next to the school where the Yarn Harlot was speaking, so we stopped there. Three hours later, we were still there drinking wine. At some point, we were faced with the decision of "stay and drink wine" or "go hear the Harlot". As much as we both wanted to do the latter, neither of us particularly wanted to do it at that exact moment in time. We were having too much fun gabbing and sipping our wine! We stayed put. I did end up seeing the Harlot, just not the Yarn one. Instead, I spent the evening with the Wine Harlot. And it was a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a food night of wine drinking is so good for the soul maybe not other parts of the body, but if the soul is happy I'm happy Your FIA pal

Anonymous said...

He he - I love that you spent the evening ewith the Wine Harlot - reminds me of ditching class when we were in school.

Twisted Knitter said...

So that explains why you weren't there! I was looking for both of you . . . but totally understandable under the circumstances. However, had you ventured to the yarn store around 11:30 she was still there signing books.

I hope all is okay in your world again