Monday, May 07, 2007

One blanket down... countless more to go!!!

Don't look now, but I actually finished a blanket. This one is my daughter's. She picked the colors, I picked the stitch patterns that were used for each color (each color is done in a different stitch). This was a true learning experience. The light pink seed stitch squares were the first things I ever knitted. You can tell when you look at them-- they are a mess!! I thought about re-doing them, but in the end, I decided to leave it alone. It might not be perfect, but I will never feel like it is, and my daughter might appreciate that she has the first things I ever knit in her blanket... but then again, she might wonder why I made such a mess!!! I got all 24 squares sewed together and did the border, then my daughter couldn't wait another minute and wanted the blanket. I plan to put a backing on it, and perhaps put buttons on the corners of each square, both for decorative purposes and to hold the backing (so it doesn't sag in the center). Anyway, here are some pics:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is so pretty!!!