Monday, January 28, 2008

SITMT package!

I got a wonderful treat package in the mail on Saturday! My Sock it to Me Twice pal sent some great things. I wish I had my camera to take a picture, but my husband is in Europe for a couple of days and took the camera with him. As if ancient cities are more important to depict than knitting bounty! Ha!

Anyway, back to the package. My pal did her homework, that is for sure! She sent me a skein of OnLine sock yarn in Orange with blue and bright green running through it... all of my favorite colors! Also included were pretty glass stitch markers in a Chinese silk pouch! And yummy maple candies from Canada. I got to eat one of those before my children proclaimed them the "best candies ever" and scarfed them down. :-) I am going to have to come to some sort of trade agreement with you, Pal, after the swap is over because I need to buy a lot of those for the kids!! Thank you so much for the awesome package! I love everything.

I had a lot of fun yesterday celebrating the wonderful Purl's birthday. I gave her some yarny goodness and we knitted and ate and drank wine... Purl was a great sport sharing her special day with me and my crazy kids. My daughter proclaimed Purl her best friend after Purl put forth so much effort going along with the kids!

Happy Monday all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Great package! And I had a wonderful birthday with you. Being declared your daughter's best friend was a terrific compliment.

Anonymous said...

yay! it arrived safe and sound! sorry to have been awol for the past week or so... darned life getting in the way of knitting. they liked the hard maple candy? they haven't lived yet - maple cream... but they'll have to wait a bit until the sap starts to run here in the great white north!

Lisa said...

What? The Husband had the camera in where? You need one for yourself if I do say so myself!

I'm glad that you and Purl ahd a good time. We still need to get together again....The Harlot Fan Club.....

Maple candy is hard to beat. I may have to bargin with your pal too for some pure maple syrup....

Christy said...

Tag! Come see my blog on why you're tagged.