Sunday, January 31, 2010

hypoteneuse blocking2


hypoteneuse blocking2
Originally uploaded by houcinben
I'm baack! It's been a long time, but I decided to resurrecct my blog! I am in for the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling this April. I am beyond excited and truly cannot wait. As part of the run up to the event, there is a wonderfully active group of Fling-goers on Ravelry. We are doing KALs based on the teachers/designers who will be at the Fling.

January's featured designer is Anne Hanson. It was hard to choose just one of her amazing patterns to do. Anne is probably my favorite knitwear designer. In the end, I did Hypoteneuse. I used Aracaunia Itata (a wool/bamboo/silk blend) in fingering weight, which meant doing almost double the repeats called for in the pattern. But I wanted something a little more lightweight and wearable in the Spring in Houston.

Here it is, blocking!

No comments: