Monday, November 06, 2006

It's the little things!

Degree Programs Online
Degree Programs Online

I feel like the cartoon lightbulb went off over my head this weekend! I went to my favorite yarn store on Friday and wandered around for a little while, oogling and touching all of the beautiful yarns. I ended up back in the book section and I bought a book called "Knit Fix". It looked like it would be good, and I needed to get past my ignorance of fixing. Up until now, I have either lived with little mistakes or started all over. Well, I was working on seed stitch for a blanket this weekend. Somewhere around the 20th row, I got things messed up. I really didn't want to start all over again, so I pulled out the book. I found a section on "Unknitting" or "Tinking". I figured I might as well give it a try-- after all, my alternative was to start all over again anyway! I really didn't think I would be successful, as I never can tell what those diagrams are trying to indicate to me. I have a really hard time figuring out what the two dimensional picture is telling me to do! But somehow it worked!!! I got back to the exact spot where I made the mistake, and it was so amazing to simply start knitting and purling again and have it come out okay w/o having to start anew! WOW. Like I said-- it was quite a revelation to me! It really is the little things that make me happy!

No comments: