|Degree Programs Online|
My friend Becky (who is responsible for me knitting!) participated in SP9. I enjoyed reading her blog and seeing the fun she had with that exchange. So I jumped at the chance to be a part of SP 10! I'm really looking forward to it. The first step? The questionnaire... so here goes:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really enjoy working with natural fibers. I love nice cottons, wools... I'm not a fan of eyelash yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Do I have to answer? I am embarrassed to say that I use ziplocks! Fancy, huh?
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 7 months. I am a beginner, but not too terribly far from intermediate I think. I learned in several ways. My good friend Becky, who lives in another city, hooked me up with a woman who lives near me that has been knitting for 60 years. That lady taught me to knit and purl. I spent a couple of hours at her house last August. Since then, I've spent a lot of time with books and the internet to learn more, and I've taken a sock class.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Occasionally. My favorite candy? Jujubes. You know- those horrible sticky things that come in a green box with a bumblebee on it and just about rip your teeth out?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do some scrapbooking, and it is mostly in digital form. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love pop and rock music. I can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blues (especially navy), orange, bright green... I think that the only color I am not crazy about is purple.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, two kids (ages 8 and 3), a shih tzu and a crazy cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, like ponchos. I don't have much chance to wear hats or mittens in Houston.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
This is a toughie, since I am relatively new to knitting, but so far I really like doing scarves and blankets. I think I could really become addicted to socks with a little practice.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A couple of blankets-- one for my godson, one for my daughter, and one that is a square-of-the-month afghan project w/ my LYS.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like both straights and circulars for different projects. I prefer nice, smooth needles-- no plastics! My favorites so far are a pair of straight Lantern Moon rosewood needles that I got as part of the square of the month afghan project. They are so smooth and beautiful!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I don't have a winder, and I don't know what a swift is (but I don't have one!)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!! Too much fun to watch the kids open those presents!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Nothing in particular. But when I walk into my LYS, I want EVERYTHING all at once! I don't have any subscriptions yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Again, there are just too many to even begin to fathom. Some day I'd love to make a sweater. But it is a bit daunting to me still.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I took a class and hope to get to the point where I call myself a sock knitter... but I don't know if you could say that yet! I wear a size 9.5, but don't know my exact measurements.
23. When is your birthday?